Women in HVACR is an industry organization dedicated to improving the opportunities available to women in the HVACR industry and providing professional avenues for them to connect with other industry women. These avenues include networking, mentoring, and education opportunities.
“We here at CAPS put a high value on the women who are an integral part of our organization and our industry,” explains CAPS CEO Taylor Norris. “While we recognize that our industry sector is underrepresented by women, or perhaps because of this fact,” he reflected, “we are always on the lookout for ways to have a positive impact on the situation. We find our CAPS women to be knowledgeable, competent, and important contributors to helping us pursue our company goals and we seek not only to add to this body of knowledge, but to find ways to continuously improve what we have.”
Norris went on to explain that some of the continuous improvement opportunities involve participating in local industry/education advisory committees, supporting membership in other industry organizations, and providing opportunities for employees to attend seminars, conferences, and training opportunities.
Here are some of the opportunities and achievements of CAPS Women over the past few years:
- Attended CAPS internal training classes to become certified Project Management Professionals (PMPs) – Bea Amaya, Michaela Norris
- Achieved internal ISO auditor certification – Carolyn Robertson, Alicia McCormick, Kelly Thibert, Michaela Norris
- Attended WHVACR 14th Annual Conference – Carolyn Robertson, Bea Amaya
- Active members in Women in ASHRAE (American Society of Heating and Air-conditioning Engineers) – Mary Alenbratt, Bea Amaya
- San Jacinto College HVAC Industry Advisory Committee – Bea Amaya
“We are always looking for new and capable women in our organization,” Norris noted, “but this is not our only goal. We also continue to seek opportunities for our CAPS women to network, learn, improve, contribute to, and represent our organization in industry.”
#womeninhvac #womeninhvacr #mechanicalventilation #forcedventilation #dehumidification #airconditioningenergy #hvaccasestudy #sustainablehvac #sustainablecooling
EC Fan Technology is an important and new tech that has become popular in recent years for good reason.
These fans replace the typical bulky Variable Frequency Drive (VFD) with an integrated controller on the motor.
This means more efficiency.
The “electronically commutated” fan or EC Fan has a brushless direct current motor with permanent magnets feed off of alternating current then rectifies the current to direct current.
These motors have a high efficiency rating and work great in applications where a VFD would have been used in the past.
Other popular features of the EC fans are:
- Modbus & BACnet controls
- Plug & play installation
- Low noise levels
Installing EC Fans in our equipment allows us to reach a higher Energy Efficiency Ratio (EER) on our custom CAPS units.
#ecfantechnology #ecfantech #electronicallycommutatedfan #hvacequipment #mechanicalventilation #forcedventilation #dehumidification #airconditioningenergy #hvaccasestudy #sustainablehvac #sustainablecooling
We care for your interests like a local company but with the capabilities of a global one. For you this means high quality sustainable HVAC equipment and service no matter where you are located.
In the included PDF presentation (bottom), we’ll show you why and how we are the one stop shop you can count on today and for decades to come.
A brief summary of the presentation:
Design/Build: Manufacturing Division
- Engineering/Design Services
- Equipment Fabrication & Manufacturing
- Electrical Modifications & Custom Controls
- Painting & Custom Coatings
- Equipment Retrofit & Rebranding
Install: Mechanical Field Services Division
- Equipment Installation
- Sheet Metal/Piping
- Equipment Start Up and Commissioning
Service: HVAC Services Division
- HVAC Equipment Service, Repair, & Maintenance
- Equipment Training Services
- IAQ/Duct Cleaning Services
Parts: HVAC Parts Division
- Fully Stocked Replacement & Warranty Components
- OEM Parts
- Available 24/7/365
Other Topics Covered in the PDF below
- Environmental, Health, & Safety
- Quality Control
- Project Management (PMP)
- Markets Served
- Fabrication & Manufacturing
- Engineering Logic
- Engineering Efficiency
- Engineering & Manufacturing Capabilities
- Manufacturing Division
- Construction Features
- Manufactured Equipment
- Standards & Classifications Available
- Optional 3rd Party Certifications
- Latest in Factory Tooling
- Manufactured Equipment
- Fabrication & Modifications
- Mechanical Field Services
- HVAC & Plumbing Services
- Benefits of Doing Business with CAPS
- Parts Department
#mechanicalventilation #forcedventilation #dehumidification #airconditioningenergy #hvaccasestudy #sustainablehvac #sustainablecooling
A high priority in the CAPS Service Division is to provide quick turnaround for quotes, allowing customers to have all the information needed to make an important decision quickly.
Should a service customer need assistance right away, they can call Raymond Joslin, who is always available to help.
“Raymond Joslin goes over and beyond to be a solution to our customers,” ~ Mark Brown, CAPS Industrial Sales Associate
We service all the following makes and models
- Air handling units.
- Roof top units.
- Split systems.
- Computer room units.
- Exhaust & make-up air units.
- Portable rental equipment.
- Refrigeration equipment.
- Ice machines.
- Building automation.
- EMS-energy mgmt systems.
- Air scrubbers.
- Air filtration systems and components.
- Water heaters.
- Plumbing systems and fixtures.
- Cooling towers.
- Loop pumps.
- VRF systems.
#hvacservice #summerheat #summercooling #mechanicalventilation #forcedventilation #dehumidification #airconditioningenergy #hvaccasestudy #sustainablehvac #sustainablecooling
Introducing our 5 ton portable GP/NEMA 4 HVAC unit
Custom Air Products & Services, Inc. (CAPS) can help cool down your Summer. CAPS is one of the leading manufacturers of custom built HVAC portable and rental equipment in the industry. CAPS portable equipment product lines include the 5 ton portable GP/NEMA 4 HVAC unit.
Introducing our 20 to 40 ton wall mounted HVAC units
The Summer heat has arrived and is pushing your air conditioner hard. Are you responsible for a shelter or building that requires a specific type of cooling?
We invite you to take a look at our wide range of Wall mounted HVAC units.
Introducing our 12.5 to 15 ton wall mounted HVAC units
The Summer heat is here. Are you responsible for a shelter or building that requires a specific type of cooling?
We invite you to take a look at our wide range of HVAC units.
We’ve all experienced it at some point when working or playing hard – fatigue sets in, your mouth feels dry and your legs are heavy and you may even get a headache. These are all common signs of dehydration.
When you are working hard, body fluid is lost through sweat. If the fluid lost through sweat is not replaced, dehydration and early fatigue are unavoidable. Losing even 2% of body fluids (less than 3.5 pounds in a 180-pound person) can impair performance by increasing fatigue and affecting cognitive skills. During the summer heat it’s easy to become dehydrated if you don’t drink enough fluids to replace what is lost in sweat.
Dehydration can easily be prevented
- When to drink: Ensure you drink before you start working, trying to catch-up for lost fluids after a period of time is very difficult. Also, drink before you get thirsty. By the time you’re thirsty you are already dehydrated, so it’s important to drink at regular intervals – especially when it is hot outside.
- What to drink: Water is truly one of the best things to drink. Research also shows that a lightly flavored beverage with a small amount of sodium encourages people to drink enough to stay hydrated. The combination of flavor and electrolytes in a sports drink like Gatorade provides one of the best choices to help you stay properly hydrated.
- What not to drink: During activity, avoid drinks with high sugar content such as soda and even fruit juices. These are slow to absorb into the body. Also alcohol and caffeinated beverages should be avoided. Caffeinated drinks may have a mild diuretic effect; meaning that they may cause the need to urinate. Alcohol is even more of a diuretic; for every 1ml of alcohol drunk, urine excretion increases by as much as 10ml.
Many people ask how much to drink and that truly depends on your activity level and how much your body is losing fluids. In general, when you are working and sweating, you should drink at least every half-hour. Ensure you are drinking enough to replace your lost fluids.
Introducing our 7.5 to 10 ton wall mounted HVAC units
While Custom Air Products & Services, Inc. has always had a line of wall mount units available, it is only in the last few years that this product line has begun to create its own niche in this organization. “Custom built units have always been at the heart of our business,” pointed out CEO Taylor Norris, “and we have no intention of changing that. But we do recognize that there is room in our product line for standardized units, especially considering our expertise in customizing these units to meet the customer’s exact needs.”
The CAPS WPKV series of wall mount air conditioners come in sizes from 7.5 to 40 tons (this article is focused on units in the 7.5 to 10 ton range), are available for general purpose (unclassified) or explosion-proof locations, and with or without pressurization/chemical filtration. We also offer a wide range of additional options including corrosion resistant cabinet and/or coil coatings, stainless steel cabinet and frame options, copper/copper coils, 50 hertz operations, and more.