[column size=”2-3″ last=”0″]
Women in HVACR is an industry organization dedicated to improving the opportunities available to women in the HVACR industry and providing professional avenues for them to connect with other industry women. These avenues include networking, mentoring, and education opportunities.
[column size=”1-3″ last=”1″]
“We here at CAPS put a high value on the women who are an integral part of our organization and our industry,” explains CAPS CEO Taylor Norris. “While we recognize that our industry sector is underrepresented by women, or perhaps because of this fact,” he reflected, “we are always on the lookout for ways to have a positive impact on the situation. We find our CAPS women to be knowledgeable, competent, and important contributors to helping us pursue our company goals and we seek not only to add to this body of knowledge, but to find ways to continuously improve what we have.”
Norris went on to explain that some of the continuous improvement opportunities involve participating in local industry/education advisory committees, supporting membership in other industry organizations, and providing opportunities for employees to attend seminars, conferences, and training opportunities.
Here are some of the opportunities and achievements of CAPS Women over the past few years:
- Attended CAPS internal training classes to become certified Project Management Professionals (PMPs) – Bea Amaya, Michaela Norris
- Achieved internal ISO auditor certification – Carolyn Robertson, Alicia McCormick, Kelly Thibert, Michaela Norris
- Attended WHVACR 14th Annual Conference – Carolyn Robertson, Bea Amaya
- Active members in Women in ASHRAE (American Society of Heating and Air-conditioning Engineers) – Mary Alenbratt, Bea Amaya
- San Jacinto College HVAC Industry Advisory Committee – Bea Amaya
“We are always looking for new and capable women in our organization,” Norris noted, “but this is not our only goal. We also continue to seek opportunities for our CAPS women to network, learn, improve, contribute to, and represent our organization in industry.”
See the 2018 Sponsors